Monday, September 19, 2011

Hop on aboard onto the Hogwarts Express!

Thursday was our last day of class.  For you Loggers out there, you know what that means.  The administration shut down midnight breakfast, but come onnn, that don't mean we can't still carry on the tradition.  So that night we went to our last field trip, to the GOBI DESERT, and how did we get there? VIA FUCKING TRAIN. Hop onto the Hogwarts express everyone!  We took an overnight train ride where they shoved our section of the train off the tracks at 3 in the mo'nin.  So sweet.  What makes it sweeter (orr you could say creepier?) was that we had a special guest kick it with us for the trip, Glenn Mullin.  Hes this irish dude who grew up in an irish village in French Canada who is super into Mongolia (like published lots o books) and its pretty well known.  However, all he talks about is like women and booze.  An interesting fellow I'd say. I couldnt tell if he was shitting me the whole time but it was entertaining...

So the Gobi desert. We were situated in like south east Gobi and it was well, i dont realllllly know how to describe it.  Lots o plains. Awesome skies. Kinda like living in a desktop background.  We stayed at a ger camp and did sight seeing to cool places like a petrified "forest", dinosar bones, Shambala, and another temple under construction. It was pretty neat.  So that night (friday night) there was a huge party (cuz we were joined by another Mongolian group) and naturally there was karaoke.  So who went and dance partied with rando mongolians who dont actually dance? This girllll. Hey and it turns out that our professor, Elisabeth Benard, is quite the dancing machine.  Legit dude.  She was shredding the dance floor like no other. All I can say is, I'm stoked for our next dance party.

I went running in the Gobi desert. I ate too much and felt too fat. so i ran. I havent run in ages and it was awesomeblossom.  However this weekend (it is now monday) I decided that life is impermanent (major Buddhist concept i just took a final on) and my body don't matter (thatt much. this is all relative) Thus don't be surprised if the next time you see me, I'm chubs mcgee. Actually, you should expect it because I cant stop eating sweets and snacky snacks. This is a stupid paragraph now that I realize

Sorry for being all over the place. Its just crazy how we took the overnight train back home from saturday- sunday (yeah really short fieldtrip) and i studied for my final all day sunday and here I am, monday afternoon writing this post final but not post class because I still have to write an essay.  We're having our end of country dinner and its just wild how I'm already done with Mongolia.  How did time fly so fast? Oh wait I know, cus we had class, fieldtrips, and all these mandatory things.  We didn't get much free time and when we did we were real tired.  New lifestyle. Totally worth it.  I just ate my 10th cookie of the day and I'm going to a buffet dinner in T- 2.5 hours. Last night in Mongolia. Lez Do diz

No comments:

Post a Comment